The Wig Master interprets and implements wigs, hairstyles and facial hair as designed by the costume designer. This position is seasonal, full-time, non-exempt.
- Manages, organizes, and executes hair related projects (wigs, hairstyles and facial hair) for all productions, including cutting hair, styling, dying and waving.
- Supervises workload and motivates hair assistants toward completion, application and maintenance of hair work by opening night and throughout the performance season.
- Orders hair supplies and tools.
- Attends costume shop meetings.
- Serves as a member of the wardrobe crew when necessary.
- Instructs wardrobe in maintaining wigs and hair pieces.
- Maintains wigs during productions as needed.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent experience required.
- Extensive wig and hair experience in a professional situation.
Skills and Knowledge
- Proficient in the use of styling equipment, scissors, dyes and permanent wave solutions, all ventilating supplies.
- Skilled with a broad range of hair types and textures.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills; good supervisory and organizational skills. Ability to handle stressful situations in a positive manner.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Must be comfortable working in an environment in which directions and priorities can change rapidly.
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time; ability to cut hair and use hair solutions.
- Excellent eye hand coordination in ventilating.
Salary & Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Medical benefits, including health, dental and vision, available 1st day of month following hire.
- Paid time off.
- 403 (b) retirement plan.
- Complimentary tickets to all our productions.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line "Wig Master/PCS Website." Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted. The position is open until filled. No phone calls, please.
Portland Center Stage is committed to advancing equity and diversity in all that we do. PCS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital or familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, veterans, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
Wild and Reckless: A New Concert Event with Blitzen Trapper
Lauren Weedman Doesn’t Live Here Anymore