Your contributions make a difference!
There are many ways to give and be involved with Portland Center Stage at The Armory. Your contribution, no matter the size, matters to us. Donations enable us to present extraordinary theater, provide affordable tickets and educational outreach programs for our community, and invest in new work which keeps the theater community vibrant. Did you know that ticket sales only cover a little more than half of the costs of running a professional theater company? We count on more than 4,000 individuals like you to help raise the remaining funds needed. That is why you are so important!
There are two main funds to choose from when making a donation. The Annual Fund gets channeled directly into Portland Center Stage at The Armory and the operating costs of running a theater company. People who donate are critical to keeping theater thriving in our lives and, as a bonus, receive some very special benefits and behind-the-scenes event opportunities.
Please consider making a gift. Your contributions are invaluable to us and enrich our community.
Donor Benefits and Unique Opportunities
Thank you for considering a gift to Portland Center Stage at The Armory. In recognition of your generosity, we offer a host of benefits and privileges exclusively for donors! Click here for a printable list of our many donors levels and benefits.
Ways to Give
There are many ways to give to Portland Center Stage at The Armory. Below, learn more about how to make your gift and some unique ways to contribute.
- Online. Click here to donate online now!
- Mail in a check to Portland Center Stage at The Armory, 128 NW Eleventh Avenue, Portland, Oregon 97209.
- Over the phone: Call our Development Office at 503-445-3744.
- In person: Come to the box office and make a donation in person with cash, check or credit card.
- Monthly Giving Program: If you want to spread your gift out over the year, your credit or debit card will be charged the same amount each month for one year. Minimum monthly gift is $10.
- Stock gift: Click here for our DTC information.
- Sponsor a production: You can help underwrite a specific show that you are excited about! We offer an array of customizable benefits and recognition.
- Sponsor a group of students to come see a production: We could send a class of 30 students to the theater for $500, as well as provide resource guides, pre-show student workshops and post-show Q&As.
- Make a tribute gift: As a unique way to honor someone you care about, make a tribute gift in their honor. The person will be notified of your gift and we list all tribute gifts of $100 and above in our playbills.
- Make an in-kind donation of goods and/or services: Some examples of items to donate would be office supplies, wine, hardware, fabric, costumes, lighting, batteries, paint, etc.
- Your time and expertise are valuable to us too! Volunteer with us.
- Invest in our legacy with a planned gift.
Donor Events and Opportunities
Throughout the season, we offers several unique events and behind-the-scenes opportunities for donors to meet fellow theater-goers, actors, staff and production crew members, as well as see a part of theater-making that not everyone gets to see! Click here to view our donor events for the upcoming season.
Portland Center Stage at The Armory has partnered with hundreds of local, community-minded companies that offer business matching for their employees' contributions to the theater. If you work for or are retired from any of these companies, your personal contribution to Portland Center Stage at The Armory is twice as valuable. Many employers will match your gift dollar for dollar, and some companies even double or triple the amount of your gift — at no cost to you! Some companies will even match your volunteer hours with a volunteer matching grant. Click here to view a list of the local companies that offer business matching or ask your company’s Human Resources department about matching gifts.
If you have any questions, please contact our development office at 503-445-3744 or e-mail .
Stories Behind the People
We can learn a lot from those who are part of our theater family! Click here to view our donor interview series, and learn about some of our many supporters.
Season Star Producer ($10,000-$24,999)
- Opportunity to sponsor a production in the season. Sponsor benefits are tailored to each person, but include such things as a chance to meet the cast privately, a framed poster of the production, special opening night recognition and a night at the theater with your friends or clients.
- Free parking for the entire season (ten productions).
Playmaker Producer ($5,000-$9,999)
- Opportunity to host a private reception in the Ovation Room before or after a performance.
- Eight vouchers for free parking.
Artistic Director’s Circle Producer ($3,000-$4,999)
- Invitation to attend a technical rehearsal and see the behind the scenes process of putting a production on stage.
- Invitation to attend the exclusive dinner on stage with of one of the sets.
- Six vouchers for free parking.
- Invitations to U.S. Bank Main Stage Opening Night Dinners.
- Free ticket exchanges to performances in the same package night.
- Invitations to Producer events and parties.
- VIP assistance for your ticket needs and questions.
- Donor listing throughout the season on the multimedia donor wall.
- Four ticket vouchers good for complimentary admission to any production in the 2017-2018 season.
- Four vouchers for free parking.
- Two ticket vouchers good for complimentary admission to any production in the 2017-2018 season.
- Invitations to various "Meet the Department" events where you will learn about the inner workings of the theater followed by a wine reception where you will have a chance to visit with PCS staff and fellow attendees.
- An invitation to go on a special backstage tour with a reception following (tours occur in the fall and spring).
- Recognition in all playbills during the season.
- Recognition in one playbill each season.
- Name entered in a drawing to win dinner for two at an exclusive restaurant in the Pearl.
Stock Gift Instructions
PORTLAND CENTER STAGE/ARMORY THEATER FUND
|PCS Account #:||T51003647|
|DTC:||DTC Clearing # 0443|
ref: T51003647 Portland Center Stage
|Piper Jaffray Contact:||Attn: Kimberly Harris|
1300 SW 5th Ave Ste 3650
Portland, OR 97201