Our business partners share our commitment to enriching our community through inspired story telling that illuminates the universality of our experiences and the human condition. We offer our partners benefit packages directly tailored to each organization.
Questions? Please contact Luisa Adrianzen Guyer, Director of Development, at for more information about business partnerships with Portland Center Stage at The Armory.
Benefits and Ways to Engage
We offer a variety of benefits for corporate partners according to their level of giving:
- High profile recognition and visibility as a corporate partner in the Portland metropolitan area.
- Exclusive access to world-class theater artists including playwrights, directors, actors, and designers.
- Access to an engaged and loyal audience, with an expanding reach across demographics.
- Potential category exclusivity for your company.
- Complimentary tickets to the Portland Center Stage season and special ticket offers.
- Exclusive entertainment opportunities for business development and employee rewards.
Ways to Give
Corporate Membership, $1,000+
As a Corporate Members of Portland Center Stage, starting at $1,000 giving level, your company will receive many benefits throughout the year. We have added benefits to reflect the closure of our building in support of our 20/21 programming, and will be offering our usual benefits once we reopen.
- Recognition on our website and in our playbills as a Corporate Member. The playbill is distributed to more than 10,000 season subscribers and 125,000 total audience members.
- Opportunities to be recognized in our monthly e-newsletter.
- Recognition as a Corporate Member on the multimedia wall in the lobby of the The Armory.
- Invitations to special virtual and in-person events throughout the season hosted by Artistic Director Marissa Wolf.
- An invitation to attend the exclusive VIP party season announcement party.
- Invitations to Main Stage Opening Night Dinners for you, your colleagues or your clients.
- Ticket vouchers throughout the season (subject to availability).
- Access to 2-for-1 tickets to the first two weeks of each regular production for the organization's employees (excludes special engagements).
- VIP assistance for your ticket needs and questions.
Corporate Sponsorship, $5,000+
As a Corporate Sponsor of Portland Center Stage, starting at $5,000 giving level, your company will receive many benefits throughout the year. We have added benefits to reflect the closure of our building in support of our 20/21 programming, and will be offering our usual benefits once we reopen.
- Opportunity to sponsor our Play Commissioning Program, Artists’ Labs, Play Reading Series or our Education and Community Programs (depending on the level of sponsorship).
- Opportunity to sponsor a Main Stage or Studio production, or the JAW Festival, depending on the level of sponsorship. Show sponsor benefits are tailored to each donor, and include special opening night recognition.
- Invitations to our Main Stage Opening Night Dinners including tickets to opening night performances
- Invitations to attend virtual salons with the Artistic Director.
- Ticket vouchers for complimentary admission to any production.
- Invitations to special events with the Artistic Director, staff and board leadership, and fellow corporate sponsors
- Invitations to special events with show playwrights, directors, cast and designers.
- Opportunity to host a private pre-show wine and cheese event on the Mezzanine with the Artistic Director. (Catering and beverage costs not included.)
Please contact Luisa Adrianzen Guyer, Director of Development, at about your interest in Corporate Membership or Corporate Sponsorship.
Portland Center Stage’s annual Gala is known for being one of the most entertaining fundraisers in town! Our guests include PCS’s artistic team and artists, board members and major donors, corporate partners who join us for a night of amazing food, drink, entertainment, and outpourings of generosity. This is an evening unlike any other you will find in Portland!
By supporting an individual production, each organization has the opportunity to associate its logo and brand with the inspiring work on stage. The organization also receives numerous client entertainment and exposure opportunities during the production run. Each production sponsorship is custom tailored to best suit the needs of each organization.
- Contributing Sponsor (Ellyn Bye Studio only) Sponsorship Level: $10,000
- Supporting Sponsor (U.S. Bank Main Stage) Sponsorship Level: $15,000
- Major Sponsor (U.S. Bank Main Stage) Sponsorship Level: $25,000
- Presenting Sponsor (U.S. Bank Main Stage) Sponsorship Level: $50,000+
Portland Center Stage’s Corporate Advisory Council expands relationships in the community by enabling access to business leaders and their company employees sharing the values of PCS as a community partner. We have a diverse group of council members from a variety of industries who build a stronger bridge between the business community and PCS by securing contributions from their companies and attracting new corporate support in the form of cash and in-kind donations, while gaining access to valuable networking opportunities and exclusive behind-the-scenes events.
School of Theater Education Program
Our strong commitment to education and outreach has resulted in a growing array of activities tailored to students, teachers and other interested patrons.
Employee Involvement/Volunteer Opportunities
There are multiple opportunities for team building, social networking, and involvement with the behind-the-scenes aspects of producing theater.
The new federal CARES (Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security) Act, has a few provisions that may improve the tax benefits of charitable contributions, including:
- For those who do not itemize, the CARES act allows all taxpayers to take a charitable deduction of up to $300.
- For those who do itemize, the CARES act suspends limits on charitable contributions for individuals and corporations. Individuals may deduct qualified charitable contributions up to 100 percent of their adjusted gross income. A corporation may deduct qualified charitable contributions up to 25 percent of its taxable income.
Both individuals and corporations can carry over to the next year contributions that exceed the AGI limitation. To qualify, the contribution must be:
- a cash contribution;
- made to a qualifying organization;
- made during the calendar year 2020
Additional information about tax relief for those affected by the COVID-19 pandemic is on IRS.gov.
(Consult your tax advisor for details.)
Portland Center Stage at The Armory is committed to identifying & interrupting instances of racism & all forms of oppression, through the principles of inclusion, diversity, equity, & accessibility (IDEA).