Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
Portland Center Stage at The Armory 2019 Gala
May 11, 2019
This is not your typical gala. Portland Center Stage brings stories to life in unexpected ways, and our 2019 gala will transform The Armory into an atmospheric journey through Savannah’s most famous and notorious landmarks.
Arrive at the front door of The Armory for check in and find yourself in Savannah Park. Come early to discover the many secrets of the garden. A map and friendly local docents, including The Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence will guide your adventure:
- Sit in the park savoring mint juleps and hors d'oeuvres.
- Stroll to the Gingerbread House Bar to sip the official cocktail of Georgia, the Scarlet O'Hara.
- Drop by the Pirates House Tavern, made famous by Robert Louis Stevenson’s book Treasure Island for some specialty rum infused libations.
Explore the mystical destinations throughout The Armory.
- Take a professional photo with your guests in the opulent Mercer House on the Alan J. Beard Mezzanine as a souvenir of your adventure.
- Join Jim Williams Holiday Party in the Julie Vigeland Rehearsal Hall, an A-list event with Brandy Milk Punch and Jim’s renowned buffet.
- Check out the scene and premium pours at Joe's Whiskey Bar on the third floor.
- Pay your respects — bourbon in hand — at Billy’s grave on the gallery floor level, a quiet refuge amidst the bustle of Savannah.
Dig deep into Savannah’s lower streets to find Lady Chablis' Lounge in the Ellyn Bye Studio for some Chatham Artillery Punch, deep fried dill pickles, pimento cheese bites, and a drag extravaganza including Poison Waters and the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence.
Congregate for the main event: a lively auction in the U.S. Bank Main Stage hosted by Poison Waters and peppered with theatrical entertainment and surprises.
New this year: Reserved seating so you can be with your friends!
Dance the evening away at the after-party in the garden with DJ Eric, while indulging in champagne and ice cream.
New this year: The after-party will be open to additional community members to increase the fun and reach a broad range of The Armory supporters.
Dress: Southern elegance, provocative glamour (naughty or nice?)
Ample seating and staffed elevators will provide easy accessibility for all.
Admission into the Garden: $500
Contact Celia Ferrer at or 503-445-3747 for more information