Sensory-friendly Performance for Curious Incident
We are pleased to offer a special sensory-friendly performance for The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time on March 31, 2020 at 7:30 p.m. This family-friendly performance is designed to be enjoyed by all, and include some changes for those who are on the autism spectrum or have other sensory issues. The theater environment will be altered, providing a safe, friendly, and comfortable zone. Patrons are invited to make sounds, enter and exit as needed during the performance, and enjoy this performance with their family and community.
Get ready for the sensory-friendly performance with our social story! A social story is a visual resource designed to help prepare visitors on the autism spectrum for an experience at the theater and to help them to become familiar with the surroundings.
Here’s what you can expect at a sensory-friendly performance:
- Pre-show resources such as a character guide, plot synopsis, and photos and video from the Portland Center Stage production
- Modifications to sound and lighting levels (loud or sudden noises will be reduced, flashing lights will be eliminated, and house lights will remain on at 25% throughout the performance)
- Accepting and inclusive environment
- Chill-out area and quiet zone for people who need a break
- Enter and exit the theater as needed/desired
- Seating will begin at 7 p.m. and is assigned. A section of seats toward the back of the theater will be available, unassigned, for anyone who might feel the need to fidget, wiggle, or just otherwise generally not be seated adjacent to another party. Take a seat in this area to start with or move as desired at any time.
Tickets for this performance are only $25.
For questions regarding our sensory-friendly performance, contact our box office at 503-445-3700 or .
If there are other ways we can accommodate your experience at our venue, please don't hesitate to reach out and let us know. We strive to make everyone's visit a success.