Until The Flood (Classroom Version)
In partnership with ALL ARTS, the free broadcast and digital platform dedicated to the arts, Rattlestick Playwrights Theater, and a consortium of regional theaters across the country, PCS is proud to present the broadcast premiere of Until The Flood. Originally commissioned by Repertory Theatre of St. Louis, Until The Flood was filmed in 2018 during the New York engagement at Rattlestick Playwrights Theater. PCS brought the production to Portland in 2019 to rave reviews and sold out performances.
Explore the play further with our Resource Guide containing relevant information of use to educators and students, such as a synopsis, cast list, and an analysis with discussion questions and activities compiled by one of our teaching artists.
Take advantage of a virtual workshop hosted by our professional teaching artists - wherein they will dynamically explore text, character, movement, creation, and self-reflection even further, in collaboration with your students! Our team can also cater our workshop content to meet your classroom’s unique needs and goals.
Student and Teacher Feedback for Until The Flood
What will you take away from your experience attending this show?
- "A whole experience that makes you look inward."
- "I’ve been thinking a lot about how I treat others."
- "We need to communicate in order to solve problems."
- "The performance opened my eyes to the many different views on this topic."
- "You can relate to anyone whether you have the same opinions or not, but you can’t know what they go through."
- "Walk in other people’s shoes and you will learn a lot."
- "I want to be a better activist. I want to learn about things that go on in the world and try to help change them."
- "Great acting! Powerful views of how different people see the same events with different perspectives."
- "I took away more knowledge than I did before about the Michael Brown case as well as insight/knowledge of other’s perspectives and thoughts."
Portland Center Stage is committed to identifying & interrupting instances of racism & all forms of oppression, through the principles of inclusion, diversity, equity, & accessibility (IDEA).