Our sponsorships and business partnerships at Portland Center Stage at The Armory offer organizations a variety of opportunities to become directly involved in the process of making theater. Along with the stewardship of enriching our community through inspired story telling, our partners receive benefit packages directly tailored to each organization.
Questions? Please contact Jennifer Goldsmith at or 503-445-3748 for more information about sponsorships and business partnerships at PCS.
Benefits and Ways to Engage
- Prestigious association with Portland’s own internationally recognized theater.
The vision began in 2002 when Gerding Edlen Development was looking for a solution to the last piece in its Brewery Blocks development puzzle. What would be the best use of the Portland Armory Annex? When Mayor Vera Katz and Artistic Director Chris Coleman agreed that it would make a fantastic home for Portland Center Stage, Bob Gerding stood behind the concept and personally drove the effort to make it a reality.
Originally built in 1891, the building was reborn as The Armory on October 1, 2006, with a community celebration and block party attended by a throng of thousands. Shortly after opening, the building was certified by the US Green Building Council as exceeding the requirements for designation as LEED Platinum.
During its first year as the home of Portland Center Stage at The Armory was mentioned in The Wall Street Journal and nominated for the Portland Downtown Rotary Club’s Environmental Excellence Award and the Portland BEST Award for Green Building. It was also recognized by Forbes magazine as one of the top 12 green buildings in the country. Alongside the William J. Clinton Presidential Center, the Gerding Theater at the Armory received honorable mention from the American Institute of Architects Council on the Environment’s Top Green Projects Awards. In April 2007 the Urban Land Institute selected the The Armory from among 170 nominees spanning two continents for its Award for Excellence, the Americas.
- High-profile visibility as a corporate partner in the Portland metropolitan area.
- Exclusive access to world-class theater artists such as directors, playwrights, designers and actors.
- Access to a diverse, educated, loyal and professional audience.
- Visibility in an aggressive and targeted advertising campaign including radio, TV, print and web, as well as internal playbill exposure.
- Potential category exclusivity for your company when sponsoring the art on stage.
- Complimentary tickets to the Portland Center Stage season and special ticket offers.
- Exclusive entertainment opportunities for business development and employee rewards. Including but not limited to:
Theater and Business Education Superior Access
Employees of partner organizations receive discount rates on all adult classes throughout the PCS season.
Employees of partner organizations receive discounted ticket offers (announced via e-mail). Many of our partner organizations have enjoyed discounts such as half-price tickets, 20% off, or "buy one, get one free" deals throughout the PCS season.
Priority Ticket Handling
All partner organizations have a private ticket concierge to help facilitate the very best seats possible for each production.
Premier Social Media Access
PCS is continuing to set the standard with our utilization of social media. Partner organizations have exclusive access to blog, post marketing links and cross pollinate via our Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo and YouTube pages.
Private Armory Tours
As the first Platinum LEED theater in the nation, The Armory is a wealth of cutting-edge architectural and sustainability information. We offer private VIP tours for our business partners and their guests.
Invitations to Exclusive High-End Donor Events
Throughout the season there are many opportunities for client appreciation and social networking.
Ways to Give
As a seasonal partner of PCS at a level of contribution of $2,000, partner organizations receive many benefits throughout the year, including:
- Ten (10) complimentary tickets, two for each U.S. Bank Main Stage Series production in the 2017-2018 season (subject to availability).
- Recognition in PCS playbill corporate donor listings throughout the 2017-2018 season. The playbill is distributed to more than 10,000 season subscribers and 125,000 total audience members.
- Recognition as a ShowBiz Partner on the multimedia wall in the lobby of the The Armory.
- Invitations to special Producer events throughout the season.
- An invitation for two guests to attend the exclusive VIP party at the 2018-2019 season announcement party.
- Access to 2-for-1 tickets to all U.S. Bank Main Stage series preview performances throughout the 2017-2018 season for the organization's employees.
Join 350 of Portland VIPs, including Portland Center Stage’s most important sponsors and patrons, for a night of amazing food, drink, entertainment, and outpourings of generosity. This is an evening unlike any other you will find in Portland!
By supporting an individual production, each organization has the opportunity to associate its logo and brand with the inspiring work on stage. The organization also receives numerous client entertainment and exposure opportunities during the production run. Each production sponsorship is custom tailored to best suit the needs of each organization.
- Contributing Sponsor (Ellyn Bye Studio only) Sponsorship Level: $10,000
- Supporting Sponsor (U.S. Bank Main Stage) Sponsorship Level: $15,000
- Major Sponsor (U.S. Bank Main Stage) Sponsorship Level: $25,000
- Presenting Sponsor (U.S. Bank Main Stage) Sponsorship Level: $50,000+
Portland Center Stage’s Corporate Advisory Council expands relationships in the community by enabling access to business leaders and their company employees sharing the values of PCS as a community partner. We have a diverse group of council members from a variety of industries who build a stronger bridge between the business community and PCS by securing contributions from their companies and attracting new corporate support in the form of cash and in-kind donations, while gaining access to valuable networking opportunities and exclusive behind-the-scenes events.
School of Theater Education Program
Our strong commitment to education and outreach has resulted in a growing array of activities tailored to students, teachers and other interested patrons.
Employee Involvement/Volunteer Opportunities
There are multiple opportunities for team building, social networking, and involvement with the behind-the-scenes aspects of producing theater.
A Round of Applause for our Valued Sponsors
SEASON SUPERSTAR ($150,000+)
OVATION SOCIETY ($100,000+)
LEADERSHIP CIRCLE ($25,000–$99,999)
Curtis T. Thompson, M.D. and Associates, LLC
Davis Wright Tremaine
Delta Air Lines
Stoel Rives LLP
Work for Art, including contributions from more than 75 companies and 2,000 employees
Bank of America
Troutman Sanders, LLP
Wieden + Kenney
D'Amore Law Group
Klarquist Sparkman LLP
PCC Structurals, Inc.
Vernier Software & Technology
Zimmer Gunsul Frasca Architects LLP
Downtown Development Group
Pacific Office Automation
Graphic Arts Building
Acme Scenic & Display
Art of Catering
Keith & Sharon Barnes
Ben & Jerry’s in the Pearl
Car 2 Go
Culinary Artistry & Lincoln Restaurant
Davis Wright Tremaine
Devil's Food Catering
Downtown Development Group
Document Technologies Inc.
Sallie & Dan Dutton
Floor Solutions LLC
Food in Bloom
Charlie Frasier & Rick Taylor
Signa & Richard Gibson
Tasca & Paul Gulick
Jamie Bosworth Photography
Jenna Saint Martin Photo
Ka’anapali Golf Courses
Little Bird Bistro
Lucky Limousine & Towncar Services
Chrys Martin & Jack Pessia
Mark Spencer Hotel
McCann Engineering LLC
Sue McGrath & Bob Rieke
Aaron & Renee Meyer
Oregon Shakespeare Festival
Pearl Gallery & Framing
Stan & Suzanne Penkin
PF Chang’s Restaurant
Pinch. A Design Office
Portland Paramount Hotel
Portland Piano Company
Portland Wine Storage
Ralph & Ellie Shaw
Barbara & Phil Silver
Vibrant Table Catering & Events
West Coast Event Productions
Widmer Brothers Brewing Company